THE ORLEANS COTTAGE
The Orleans Cottage may be our smallest room at Hidden Garden Cottages & Suites, but it’s also our most private and romantic accommodation. This sweet honeymoon cottage is perfect for getaways in Saugatuck, MI.
The space was originally a one-story kitchen that was added to the original home back in the early 1900s.
Touches of the old South are everywhere in the skylight lit room. An elegant carved canopy bed dominates and a James Audubon print hangs over the fireplace. A beautiful brick wall, uncovered during the 1997 renovation adds to the French Quarter theme.
Original Mardi Gras posters and serigraphs from New Orleans artist James Michalopoulos can be found in the bathroom and galley kitchen. The covered porch is a nice spot to enjoy breakfast and watch the birds in the garden fountain.
- Queen bed
- Gas fireplace
- Private bathroom with combination shower/whirlpool tub for two
- Kitchen with refrigerator & microwave
- Sitting area with upholstered chairs
- 32” TV with cable & DVD player
- Ceiling fan
- Individually controlled heating and air-conditioning
- Private porch with table & chairs and rockers
- 280 square feet